The contest starts Wednesday, Feb 12th. Details available here or in SLV Lifestyles. The child may color the page in SLV Lifestyles or download and print the page here.
Please read the rules before downloading the coloring page.
Coloring Contest Rules
- Grades 1-5 only (or home school equivalent)
- Decorate your picture using crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens pastels, paint, etc. Have fun and be creative (a little reminder that this is strictly for the children)!
- Return your completed artwork (Sandhill Cranes coloring sheet) and your name, school, grade, and phone number (it’s for contacting purposes only and will not be shared publicly) to the Monte Vista Chamber of Commerce. Their address is 947 1st Ave, Monte Vista, CO 81144
- The deadline for turning in your Sandhill Cranes picture is Feb. 21st, 2020.
- We will award the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of each grade with a cash prize. Members of the Chamber of Commerce have graciously volunteered to be the judges.
- The participants’ artwork will be on display at the Vali 3 Theater the weekend of March 6th.
- We will announce the winners on March 6th, Friday night 7:30 pm, at the showing of “Rango” at the Vali 3 Theater. Please join us for a fun movie night. (FREE)
- You may come and claim your picture during the week of March 9th after the Crane Festival at the Chamber of Commerce.
2011 Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
Friday, March 6th, 2020, 7:30 pm awards and movie details: A good old fashioned western, the film centers on Rango (voiced by Johnny Depp), a chameleon who accidentally ends up in the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost populated by the desert’s most wily and whimsical creatures. Rango, the less-than-courageous lizard, suddenly finds he stands out and is the last hope the town has been waiting for. Sheriff Rango is forced to play his new role and save the town from a developer’s water grab.